Warning! Must read if fasting otherwise you would regret not trying these out for Iftari today
1. Iced frappe
• Instant Espresso Coffee
How to Make
1. First, you’re going to prepare the espresso and then chill it until completely cooled down.
2. Next step is to combine the espresso, milk, sugar and ice in a blender.
3. Then, begin to blend on low speed, slowly increasing the speed to high, and blend until smooth
4. Pour into glasses and serve right away.
2. Watermelon Chia Smoothie
1. 1 1/2 cups fresh watermelon (cubed // black seeds removed)
2. 1 cup frozen strawberries
3. 1/2 medium ripe banana (previously peeled // chopped and frozen)
4. 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
5. 1 medium lime (juiced // 1 lemon yields ~30 ml)
6. 1 Tbsp chia or hemp seeds
How to Make
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more almond milk to thin, or more frozen strawberries or ice to thicken.
2. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lime for acidity, banana for sweetness, or watermelon for a more intense watermelon flavor.
3. Serves 2 (as original recipe is written) – top with additional chia seeds to mock watermelon seeds! Best when fresh, though leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
( TRIVIA: Yep, it’s pronounced Muh- hee- tow since it’s a Cuban/Spanish drink. Had an urge to look it up and say it right)
1. 12 leaves mint
2. 2 lime slices
3. 1 teaspoon white sugar, or more to taste
4. 1/4 cup ice cubes, or as needed
5. 1/2 ounces diet lemon-lime soda (such as diet Sprite or 7up)
How to make
1. Place mint leaves, lime slice, and sugar in bottom of a glass and muddle with a spoon until mint is crush.
2. Fill glass with ice cubes. Pour soda over the ice, stir. And Viola!!